PIONEER EDGE NEWS SERVICE/Dehradun The proposed month-long 300-hour Naked Tantra Yoga teacher training programme at Dwarahat Dunagiri Retreat in Almora has been cancelled following an inquiry by the district administration and police. The issue came to light after The Pioneer reported about the event and its aspects. Almora senior superintendent of polce Chandrashekhar Ghodke told The Pioneer that neither the retreat owner nor the organiser had obtained permission to conduct the programme. “The police contacted the hotel owner during the inquiry. He said that he was also unaware of the details of the proposed event and how it was being organised,” Ghodke said. Following discussions with the owner, the programme was cancelled, he added. The retreat owner Piyush Kumar confirmed the cancellation. “The Naked Yoga programme has been cancelled. We are not having it,” he said. Kumar said that the organiser had also been informed that no activity violating the decency and traditions of Uttarakhand would be allowed at the property. The development comes days after details of the proposed programme surfaced online. According to the organiser’s website, the course was scheduled from October 1 to 30 and included daily yoga practice and study, a “Tantra Yoga” manual, certification, food, accommodation, ceremonies and excursions. The organiser, who uses the name Yogini Kamadevi and is identified as Carla Zurcher from England, had earlier confirmed that she was organising the programme. The programme was advertised for fees ranging from $3,300 to $5,700 with a 20 per cent deposit required. Almora district magistrate Anshul Singh had earlier said that neither the retreat nor the organisation had approached the administration for permission. He had directed police to verify the event and the cyber cell to investigate related social media posts.
