Popular Posts

Photo of 928793pwpadmin

Another hoax bomb threat email triggers scare in Dehradun court  – myuttarakhandnews.com | Uttarakhand News in English | Dehradun News Today| News Uttarakhand | Uttarakhand latest news

PIONEER EDGE NEWS SERVICE /Dehradun  In a back- to- back rerun, Dehradun district and session court received another ‘blow up’ email threat on Thursday, triggering panic in the court premises. Immediately upon receiving the alert, police and security agencies rushed in and swung into action. The court complexes were evacuated as a precautionary measure and thorough security checks were carried out.  Thereafter, the threat turned out to be a hoax. Notably, a similar series of bomb threat emails were received in recent days by courts in Haridwar, Nainital, Uttarkashi, Paudi and Tehri aside from the court in Dehradun.   Speaking of the matter, the superintendent of police (SP City) Dehradun, Pramod Kumar said that no suspicious object had been found during the search operation.   “We are trying to trace the IP address from where the email was sent. Furthermore, the Special Task Force has been engaged in tracking the email address,” he added. Importantly, a similar bomb threat email claiming to blow up the district and sessions courts in Dehradun and Haridwar had been received on Wednesday.  The police had said that the threatening emails had been sent to judges, claiming that bombs would be detonated in the courts. According to police, the email received on Wednesday had mentioned that the previous hoax emails had been sent to study the search techniques of the Bomb Disposal and Detection Squad (BDDS). A few days earlier, simultaneous bomb threats had been received by a number of courts in Nainital, Uttarkashi and Tehri.

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Enable Notifications OK No thanks