Categories: Breaking Newsenglish

Char Dham Yatra suspension lifted, Gangotri pilgrimage not reopened – myuttarakhandnews.com | Uttarakhand News in English | Dehradun News Today| News Uttarakhand | Uttarakhand latest news

PIONEEREDGE NEWS SERVICE | Dehradun With the State witnessing a respite from heavy rains, the State administration has lifted the Char Dham Yatra suspension it had ordered on September 1 for five days. The district authorities in Rudraprayag, Chamoli and Uttarkashi districts, where the Char Dham are situated have been authorised to take decisions on permitting or halting the pilgrimage. The Yatra to Badrinath and Kedarnath was permitted on Saturday while Yamunotri was open for local pilgrims. The Yatra to Gangotri remains suspended. Talking to The Pioneer, Garhwal commissioner Vinay Shankar Pandey said that the suspension ordered on the Yatra till September 5 has been withdrawn. “The district magistrates concerned have been authorised to permit or halt the Yatra considering local conditions.The pilgrimage to Badrinath and Kedarnath was permitted while local devotees were allowed in Yamunotri on Saturday while the Yatra to Gangotri was not permitted,” he said. It is pertinent to mention here that the Char Dham Yatra was suspended on September 1 by the State government considering the heavy rain, landslides and red warnings issued regarding the possibility of heavy rains in the State. According to sources in Uttarkashi, the destruction caused by the disaster in Dharali last month has affected the pilgrimage while the national highway to Yamunotri is also affected by landslides, due to which only local pilgrims were allowed in Yamunotri.

shivani Rawat

Share
Published by
shivani Rawat

Recent Posts

CS angry over cabinet proposals being forwarded without mandatory signatures of Ministers, Secretaries

By Arun Pratap Singh my uttarakhand news Bureau  DEHRADUN, 16 May: Serious questions are once…

7 hours ago

CM interacts with CBSE topper Arina Raghuwansh

my uttarakhand news Bureau DEHRADUN, 16 May: Chief Minister Pushkar…

7 hours ago

Workers’ protest turns violent in Selaqui industrial area, stone- pelting reported

By Arun Pratap Singh my uttarakhand news Bureau  DEHRADUN, 16 May: A workers’ protest in the Selaqui industrial area today…

7 hours ago

Manav Utthan Seva Samiti secures Char Dham pilgrims with Rs 10 crore accident insurance

Satpal Maharaj hands over cheques of insurance to CM my uttarakhand news Bureau DEHRADUN, 16…

7 hours ago

St Thomas’ College hosts 110th Annual Speech & Prize Day

my uttarakhand news Bureau  DEHRADUN, 16 May: St Thomas’ College, proudly celebrated its 110th Annual Speech and Prize Day on Saturday, marking one of the…

7 hours ago

Dhami hands over Rs 10 lakh aid to family of Somendra Bohra

my uttarakhand news Bureau CHAMPAWAT, 16 May: Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has expressed deep sorrow over…

8 hours ago