Categories: Breaking Newsenglish

Hoax bomb threats trigger panic in Nainital and Uttarkashi courts – myuttarakhandnews.com | Uttarakhand News in English | Dehradun News Today| News Uttarakhand | Uttarakhand latest news

PIONEER NEWS SERVICE/Nainital/Uttarkashi/Dehradun  Panic gripped the district and sessions courts in Nainital and Uttarkashi on Monday after bomb threat emails were received on official email IDs at both the locations. Police and security agencies swung into action and court premises were evacuated as a precaution. Inspector general (Law and Order) and police HQ spokesman Sunil Kumar Meena said that information was received about two threat emails. “Our Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) reached the spot along with dog squads and police force,” The police evacuated the court premises and carried out a detailed search which ascertained that the bomb threats were hoax, officials said. According to the information, in Nainital, an email sent from an unknown ID claimed that 12 RDX-based improvised explosive devices had been planted inside the court premises and could explode at about 12:15 PM. The mail also mentioned EWS reservation and referred to banned organisations such as the LTTE and Pakistan’s ISI. Following the alert, police, BDS and a dog squad reached the court complex. The entire area was cordoned off and a thorough search operation was launched. A similar situation was reported at the district court in Uttarkashi, where an official email ID received a bomb threat message in the morning. Court proceedings were immediately halted and the premises were evacuated. Police teams conducted a detailed search of rooms, corridors and nearby areas. Entry and movement inside the campus were restricted and security was tightened. As there is no BDS in Uttarkashi, a team was called from Dehradun. A cyber investigation has also been launched to trace the origin of the email. Members of the Uttarkashi Bar Association expressed concern over court security. They said that courts are sensitive institutions and such threats create fear among the public. They demanded stronger and permanent security arrangements. Garhwal inspector general Rajeev Swaroop said that the SSPs of the districts concerned have been instructed to carry out a thorough investigation. “Our teams reached the spot and inspected the area. We are also investigating to ascertain the source of the email,” he added.

shivani Rawat

Share
Published by
shivani Rawat

Recent Posts

SIR एवं जनगणना कार्यों को लेकर जिलाधिकारी ने समयबद्ध और पारदर्शी क्रियान्वयन के दिए निर्देश

बीएलओ प्रशिक्षण, हेल्प डेस्क, डेटा गुणवत्ता और जनजागरुकता पर विशेष जोर, लापरवाही पर कार्रवाई की…

32 minutes ago

धर्मपुर में मतदाता सूची शुद्धिकरण का महाअभियान, 8 जून से घर-घर पहुंचेंगे बीएलओ

एसआईआर प्रशिक्षण में राजनीतिक दलों, बीएलओ और प्रशासन को दी गई जिम्मेदारी, लोकतंत्र की मजबूती…

53 minutes ago

उत्तराखंड में UCC के पहले हलाला तीन तलाक केस में नया मोड़, पीड़िता के भाई का मोबाइल हैक, सबूत मिटाने का आरोप – myuttarakhandnews.com

हरिद्वार: उत्तराखंड में समान नागरिक संहिता यानी यूसीसी लागू होने के बाद हलाला और तीन…

54 minutes ago

Bhagat Singh Koshyari to receive Padma Vibushan – myuttarakhandnews.com | Uttarakhand News in English | Dehradun News Today| News Uttarakhand | Uttarakhand latest news

PIONEER EDGE NEWS SERVICE/ Dehradun Former governor of Maharashtra and former chief minister of Uttarakhand,…

1 hour ago

सीएम धामी ने सरकारी सेवा में चयनित हुए कार्मिकों को दी शुभकामनाएं

चार साल में 30 हजार युवाओं को मिली सरकारी नौकरी देहरादून। मुख्यमंत्री पुष्कर सिंह धामी…

2 hours ago