Categories: Breaking Newsenglish

Murder in Paltan Bazaar: Young woman’s throat slit in broad daylight – myuttarakhandnews.com | Uttarakhand News in English | Dehradun News Today| News Uttarakhand | Uttarakhand latest news

PIONEER EDGE NEWS SERVICE /Dehradun In a sensational incident, a young woman was brutally murdered in broad daylight in one of the busiest markets of provisional State capital Dehradun on Monday. Police said that a 23-year-old woman called   Gunjan had been attacked by one Ashok Kumar (27) when she was on her way to work on Ansari Marg, Dulha Bazaar near Paltan Bazaar at around 10 AM. The assailant slit her throat with a sharp-edged chopper.  She was rushed to Government Doon Medical College (GDMC) Hospital, where doctors declared her brought dead.  Soon after receiving information about the incident, police arrested the accused and recovered the murder weapon. Following the incident, the shop-owners shut down their shops in Paltan Bazaar, saying that the police had not acted enough to prevent the chilling crime.      The senior superintendent of police (SSP) Dehradun, Ajai Singh said that the accused is a married man with a child. The accused and the deceased had been friends earlier and had known each other for the past two years, he said, adding that they had not been on talking terms for some time.   Importantly, Gunjan’s parents said that the girl had filed a complaint against the accused at Khurbura Chowki on January 31, stating that he had been threatening to kill her. The police had not taken the complaint seriously, ending up in her murder, her parents alleged. Explaining things, SSP said that after the complaint was received, the police had tried to contact the accused on his mobile phone, but his phone had been found switched off. Thereafter, the local police had gone to his house, where the accused’s wife had informed them that he had not returned home for the last two days. “This was followed by the crime on Monday,” Singh said.  With the parents having strongly objected to photo and video of the victim being shared on social media, police said that strict action would be taken against anyone found sharing the deceased girl’s photo and video on social media. 3 murders in 5 days shock Doon residents DEHRADUN: The provisional capital of Uttarakhand, Dehradun has witnessed three back to back murders committed in less than a week, leaving residents feeling insecure. On Thursday, a young woman was purportedly killed by her cousin in Vikasnagar.  The accused is still at large. Likewise, on Saturday, an assistant working in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh was shot dead by a man.  Incidentally, two out of these three gruesome murders are linked to love having gone sour.  

shivani Rawat

Share
Published by
shivani Rawat

Recent Posts

Workers’ protest turns violent in Selaqui industrial area, stone- pelting reported

By Arun Pratap Singh my uttarakhand news Bureau  DEHRADUN, 16 May: A workers’ protest in the Selaqui industrial area today…

2 minutes ago

Manav Utthan Seva Samiti secures Char Dham pilgrims with Rs 10 crore accident insurance

Satpal Maharaj hands over cheques of insurance to CM my uttarakhand news Bureau DEHRADUN, 16…

13 minutes ago

St Thomas’ College hosts 110th Annual Speech & Prize Day

my uttarakhand news Bureau  DEHRADUN, 16 May: St Thomas’ College, proudly celebrated its 110th Annual Speech and Prize Day on Saturday, marking one of the…

24 minutes ago

Dhami hands over Rs 10 lakh aid to family of Somendra Bohra

my uttarakhand news Bureau CHAMPAWAT, 16 May: Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has expressed deep sorrow over…

34 minutes ago

BLOs to launch door-to-door verification drive under SIR from 9 June: DM

my uttarakhand news Bureau DEHRADUN, 16 May: Special Intensive Revision (SIR) programme of the electoral…

45 minutes ago

Govt committed to welfare of OBC communities in U’khand: Dhami

OBC Welfare Parliamentary Committee calls on CM in Doon my uttarakhand news Bureau DEHRADUN, 16…

56 minutes ago