Subscribe for notification
Categories: Breaking Newsenglish

Non-bailable warrant issued against Sanwar, Rathore’s whereabouts unknown – myuttarakhandnews.com | Uttarakhand News in English | Dehradun News Today| News Uttarakhand | Uttarakhand latest news

PIONEER EDGE NEWS SERVICE /Dehradun  A non-bailable warrant has been issued by the court in Haridwar against Urmila Sanawar after she failed to appear before the police despite repeated notices. In addition, two recent cases were lodged at Bahadrabad and Jhabrera police stations following a viral audio recording related to the Ankita Bhandari murder case. Former MLA Suresh Rathore has also been named in these cases. A Special Investigation Team (SIT) has been formed under the Haridwar superintendent of police (City) Abhay Singh to investigate the matter.  Meanwhile, Sanawar has claimed that her life is in danger and has sought police protection. She has claimed that she wrote a letter to the Dehradun senior superintendent of police requesting security. However, Dehradun SSP Ajai Singh said that his office has not received any such letter so far and that he came to know about the matter only through social media. He added that if Sanawar shares her location, the police will provide necessary help. Dehradun police have also pasted a notice at Suresh Rathore’s residence, asking him to appear before the police. The police have been facing difficulty in contacting Urmila Sanawar and former MLA Suresh Rathore in connection with the ongoing cases, as their mobile phones have remained switched off. The Haridwar SP (City) said that the police tried to contact them several times and also sent three notices, but there was no response from either of them. It will be recalled that cabinet minister Subodh Uniyal had stated on Friday that the State government is ready for any type of probe if credible evidence is provided. He had added that the authorities are trying the two persons (Sanawar and Rathore) in the audio clips to provide further evidence to substantiate their conversation in order to do the needful. However, the former MLA and his purported wife have gone underground since the matter escalated.

shivani Rawat

Share
Published by
shivani Rawat

Recent Posts

Proposal on ‘inclusive & disaster-sensitive development’ of Mussoorie submitted to CM

By Sunil SonkarMussoorie, 16 Feb: Advocate and BJP youth leader Aryan Dev Uniyal met Chief…

10 hours ago

GMVN to revise tariffs ahead of Char Dham Yatra: Jain

Prateek Jain takes charge as MD, GMVN By Arun Pratap SinghGarhwal Post Bureau Dehradun, 16…

10 hours ago

Public response to Cong protest was poor: Deepti Rawat

my uttarakhand news Bureau Dehradun, 16 Feb: BJP state general secretary Deepti Rawat Bhardwaj today…

10 hours ago

Drishti Eye Institute launches most advanced Retina Imaging System in Doon

my uttarakhand news Bureau Dehradun, 16 Feb: Drishti Eye Institute marked a significant milestone in…

10 hours ago