Categories: Breaking Newsenglish

Dhami tells officials to remain alert 24×7 for next two months – myuttarakhandnews.com | Uttarakhand News in English | Dehradun News Today| News Uttarakhand | Uttarakhand latest news

PIONEER NEWS SERVICE/Dehradun Chief minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has directed all government officials to remain alert 24 hours for the next two months considering the monsoon. The officials should regularly be on the ground and ensure necessary arrangements during the monsoon. Dhami said this while reviewing the details of rainfall in various parts of the State at the State Emergency Operations Centre (SEOC) here on Sunday. The CM issued necessary directions to the district magistrates concerned for ensuring the safety of all those undertaking the Char Dham Yatra. Necessary arrangements must be made to provide meals, medicines and milk for children along with meeting other basic requirements of the pilgrims, he said while adding that the Yatra had been suspended for 24 hours considering the possibility of very heavy rain. Dhami directed all the district magistrates to send people living at vulnerable sites near rivers and mountain streams to safer locations. It must also be ensured that people are in safe sites where construction works are underway. He also directed the officials to speed up the search and rescue operation following the landslide in Badkot Tehsil of Uttarkashi district after which two labourers had died and seven were reported missing. Further, the search operation for those still missing following the recent road traffic accident in Rudraprayag district must also be expedited, he said. Dhami directed all the DMs to prepare a database of pregnant women in the districts. Regular updates should be taken on the condition of the women expected to deliver till September. The CM stressed that necessary arrangements must be made for taking the pregnant women to hospitals for delivery. Dhami also sought information from the DMs regarding the status of rainfall, condition of roads and other basic facilities. Arrangements should be made to reopen the roads closed due to rain while the availability of mechanical excavators and other necessary equipment must also be ensured at vulnerable locations. Senior officials of the administration and police were also present during the review conducted by the CM.

shivani Rawat

Share
Published by
shivani Rawat

Recent Posts

Workers’ protest turns violent in Selaqui industrial area, stone- pelting reported

By Arun Pratap Singh my uttarakhand news Bureau  DEHRADUN, 16 May: A workers’ protest in the Selaqui industrial area today…

4 minutes ago

Manav Utthan Seva Samiti secures Char Dham pilgrims with Rs 10 crore accident insurance

Satpal Maharaj hands over cheques of insurance to CM my uttarakhand news Bureau DEHRADUN, 16…

15 minutes ago

St Thomas’ College hosts 110th Annual Speech & Prize Day

my uttarakhand news Bureau  DEHRADUN, 16 May: St Thomas’ College, proudly celebrated its 110th Annual Speech and Prize Day on Saturday, marking one of the…

26 minutes ago

Dhami hands over Rs 10 lakh aid to family of Somendra Bohra

my uttarakhand news Bureau CHAMPAWAT, 16 May: Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has expressed deep sorrow over…

36 minutes ago

BLOs to launch door-to-door verification drive under SIR from 9 June: DM

my uttarakhand news Bureau DEHRADUN, 16 May: Special Intensive Revision (SIR) programme of the electoral…

47 minutes ago

Govt committed to welfare of OBC communities in U’khand: Dhami

OBC Welfare Parliamentary Committee calls on CM in Doon my uttarakhand news Bureau DEHRADUN, 16…

58 minutes ago